Saturday 4 August 2012

Movie of the day - The Iron Lady

Meryl Streep portrays Margaret Thatcher, England's first female prime minister.
This movie doesn't contain much of her political achievements but Thatcher's life in her 80's, how she remembers her career and her troubles of getting over her husband's death a few years ago.




This magnificent performance brings Meryl her 3rd Oscar. In my opinion she should've gotten a Academy Award years ago for movies like "The Bridges of Madison County" or "Julie&Julia"! She's so brilliant in everything she does! And not only Meryl has got an Oscar for this movie but her hair stylist and make up artist Roy, too! That needs to be mentioned as well because the make up was just excellent!

You have surely seen Meryl's acceptance speech at the Oscar's 2012. This is really my favourite speech she gave so far! So moving! So witty! I had tears in my eyes as she thanked Don for being so supportive all these years and I laughed with all my heart as she said: "I had the feeling half America's going: Oh no! Why? Her, again... But, whatever!"
I just love her so much!!



I uploaded Meryl's speech!! Have fun watching it!
Colin Firth's presenting this category!!
"Meryl. Mamma Mia!. We were in Greece, we were dancing, I was gay and we were happy." :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment